Welcome to the Family

Our Little Peanut is on the Way!

Code snippet: Add to Blogger / Blogspot Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Secret is Out!

So, we invited my parents, Matt's mom and my brothers down for Easter dinner. Little did they know we had a surprise for them. We debated for a while on just how to share this little secret we had been keeping for the past three months, but we knew we wanted to do it in person.

Mom of course had made Matt and I a traditional Easter basket (I don't care how old you are, you are never too grown up to enjoy a basket full of your favorite candies and treats), so we thought what better time to give them the card that I had found for them. I insisted that mom and dad open the card together, and that Matt's mom open hers at the same time. This sort of tipped them off that something was up. Still, they played along. As the cards emerged from their envelopes, the words "Grandparents are Special" peeked out. As soon as those words were seen, the screaming and tears started. I don't think they even made it to read the inside of the card. Just knowing that they would be grandparents was exciting enough for them.

Now, many of you who know us well, are saying, but you two said you were never going to have kids. That babies were just not in your future. Well, as my mom likes to point out often, I always seem to end up with exactly the opposite of what I say I want and I always am happier because of it. So, Matt and I are going to be parents. We are excited, scared to death, but mostly excited. Our families are so supportive and excited for us, it takes away some of the fear, knowing we are not on our own on this journey, but have a whole caravan of love behind us.

Now we wait and look forward to the arrival of our little one. If s/he comes on his/her due date, Matt and I are going to have one hell of a first anniversary and the baby will have one cool birthday, 10-10-2010. No matter when our little peanut gets here, I am sure it will be a day that changes our lives forever and we wouldn't want it any other way.

5 comments:

  1. YIPEE!! so excited for you guys!! and i so wanted to have another baby just so they could have 10-10-2010 as their birthday...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling!! If nothing else, I thought "she said no way ever so, knowing her, it's got to be it!" LOL

    Congrats!! Babies scare the crap out of you whether you were planning for them or not! You're going to be on a wild ride, but it's so worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's soooo funny because my brother in law calls Skylar Optimus Prime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

My Peeps